Sunday, June 30, 2013

... that the goodbyes are never ending?

I just sang the Never Ending Story song to myself, and I hope you did too.

After our fake goodbye on Wed with Cait, the goodbyes didn't stop till Saturday.  Kell and Jer and my parents came into town on Thursday night, and we were gonna pick them up and hang out with them before their big day on Friday.  Unfortunately, my parents missed their flight (this is proof that my inability to make it to an airport on time is genetically inherited) and didn't make it in till midnight.  Fortunately, Kell and Jer did not, and they were ready to party when they got in.  They suggested burgers at Lucky 13 in Salt Lake, and it was PHENOM.


The burgers were delish and the fries were awesome.  Then we went inside and watched the Angels game for a bit while we waited for my parents to land.

Jake flew in the next morning, so we all decided to meet at (you guessed it) Bruges.  We are predictable, us Blicks.




After a quick rest/tour at Kar's house, we all changed our clothes and headed downtown to the Church Office Building.  Elder Holland was recently put in charge of all the Asia missions, so he was going to set my parents apart.  One of my very favorite apostles!  I was so excited!  Oh and also, Cait would be there and we would get to see her again, so I was excited about that too :)  She was waiting for us right when we got to the lobby!

Then up to Elder Holland's office




Yes, the only two children who are missionaries are also the only two irreverent enough to photobomb an apostle.



So wonderful.  Elder Holland gave my parents some beautiful blessings and it was so awesome just to be in his presence and feel his excitement for the work!  We sat and talked (and took pictures) in the lobby until Cait's bus came to take her back to the MTC.





And then it was the real goodbye for this one!


It was hard to see her go, but we are so proud of her!  We were so sad, we decided to drown our sorrows in endless meat skewers and Brazilian lemonades.

So good.  We gathered afterward for a family testimony meeting at Kell and Jer's hotel.  That has always been a tradition in my dad's family, and my dad wanted to make it a habit in ours as well.  I am so grateful for a family that is so close to the Spirit and lives the principles of the gospel!

After a quick Costco run and a boba stop, we headed back to Kar's house to spend the rest of the night together.  It was nice to just be together and talk one last time.  Then Mom and Dad came home with us and spent the night at our place so that they could have one last round of Matt's German Pancakes in the morning.






And then they were off.


I love you, Mom and Dad!  We'll see you in Taiwan soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment