Sunday, June 9, 2013

... that they're back again???

Family.  Everything is about family right now.

My parents are getting ready to embark on a 3 year life changing journey as mission presidents in Taiwan, and my little tiny baby sister is going to serve in Korea for 18 months.  And they are all leaving in about 2 weeks.  I think I haven't really been sad yet because I am in denial that this is really going to happen.  Needless to say, the ever increasing visits to Utah came to a climax Memorial Day weekend when my favorite Uncle Johnny and favorite Aunt Jennifer decided to host a mission homecoming/family reunion party.  No Blickenstaff ever said no to a family reunion!  Mom, Dad, and Cait all came up AND Kell came up with her little babies!!!  And it was a fantastic weekend!

We started out with a trip to Seven Peaks, always a Blick fave:





The Green Slide, a favorite:







We went down this slide with Cutter approximately 19,478 times


This little babe was loving the water park :)




Then we all went to John and Jennifer's ward in Heber on Sunday and up to their cabin afterward for a family dinner.

The next day, my favorite Aunt Cathie had planned a little pizza luncheon in a park in American Fork.  We gathered, ate, talked, ate, laughed, ate, played, and ate.  It it always so fun to spend time with so many cousins, aunts, and uncles that I don't get to see that often.


In between all of our galavanting around, the Blick sisters did what we do best: Mall hopping.

My sisters only agreed to pick me up for a mall trip if I sat in the booster seat AND did the buckles :/


I only made it to two of the mall trips, but I am told there were many many more.  Luckily for Matt, he was only dragged to one of these outings; that is his limit for mall visits.  He didn't even go into a store while we were there, he just sat in the food court reading The Wheel of Time.  I asked him if he wanted to meet me at Forever 21, and his response was, "My worst experience of shopping ever was in that store.  I DO NOT want to go there.  I will just wait for you in the food court."  This was in reference to ONE time in CA that I maybe shopped in a Forever 21 for like an hour and a half and he was bored and played on his phone the whole time.  It wasn't even that bad!  But from now on, he will never ever go to a mall with me again.

Aaaaanyway, Kell also brought the kids to our house to let them see our plethora of pets :)

Babes was less than enamored...

But Cutter was THRILLED!!!

We told him that one of our snakes was about to shed her skin and he asked us about 50 times a day for the rest of the weekend "if the snake had got off its skin yet."  Unfortunately, she did not shed in time for him to see it, sorry Butter!

We also spent a lot of time that weekend at Kar's beautiful new house!  It is really cute and Kell and Cait were staying there for the weekend, so it was just sort of a natural gathering spot each night so that we could hang out after the kids went to bed.  There is this adorable little park right in their back yard.  Perfect!


Looking back, this was not such a good idea.  Pretty sure Babes was almost smashed to death.

We had a lot of dinners at Kar's house, and Matt's famous ATK creme brulee was requested not once, but twice that weekend, and my sweetheart of a husband gladly obliged.  Come to think of it, I'll take his homemade creme brulee over a shopping trip any day :)

All too soon, the weekend was over.  But I knew I would be seeing them a lot over the next few weeks before they left.  Stay tuned for more family posts, it's not over yet.

I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment