Thursday, June 20, 2013

... that I am the new Mom?

I got this text on Monday:

The rest of my sisters might be lost without my mother, but apparently it's okay because I am here.

Totally kidding.  If we're being honest, Kell is a way better and more qualified mother figure than me, so I was surprised that Kar even called me instead of her.  But thinking about my relationship with Kar made me come to the conclusion that I am def her second mother.  And this is why:

Despite the fact that she TORTURED me for probably the first 10 years of her life, we eventually repaired our sistership and became roommates in college.









I don't actually remember a lot about college, but everything I do remember has everything to do with this one.  She was definitely my best friend for the two years we lived together before she got married.  And yes, I was absolutely Mom.  I told her to clean her room, taught her how to cook, made her do the dishes, and did her laundry for her.  We did everything together, mostly because she was deathly afraid of going anywhere on her own.  She even forced me to come on one of her first dates with her future husband Zach, which is a hilariously horrible story.

Aaaanyway, even after she got married, I was regularly called upon for cooking help and home advice.  Since I was in Utah, I was the closest help she had, and let's be honest, she needed it a lot :)  I mean, who else would have made her whole office Russian Chicken and brought it to work for her on Office Lunch day?  Nobody else, that's who.  PS, I'm still sorry that I forgot to make the rice and was therefore a half an hour late to lunch.  My bad.

She abandoned me in Utah for several years, but lucky for me, she and Zach are back now, and they brought the cutest, sweetest, most precious little Miss Goo with them.  So with the combination of them living so close again and my parent's leaving the country, we are right back to where we were in college: Krissy to the rescue.  This fact is only further evidenced by the fact that I ended up making Zach's Father's Day dinner for her last week because she has apparently never actually made the famous Blickenstaff Chicken Broccoli Casserole by herself before.  How is this even possible??  Because whenever she wants it, I make it for her.  Just like I did two Sundays before Father's day as well.  And just like I will whenever she calls me up and needs me to make dinner for her.  Because I am New Mom.


I love my little sis :)

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ewwwwwwwww the gothic pic!!! And you are the new mom because Kelly has a history of saying "we are entering into the phase where I don't care what you do..." HAHAHAHAHA you are the BEST new mom!! And seriously EVERYTHING about this post is 100% completely TRUE hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahahah still laughing about this one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete