Thursday, June 20, 2013

... that my baby sister is a missionary?

Cait flew in on Tuesday in preparation for reporting to the MTC.  Kar and I dutifully picked her up from the airport, and Kar only freaked out at me a little bit for being late, even though we ended up waiting like 30 minutes for Cait's plane to land.  Sigh.

 
The cutest Miss Goo there ever was!


Obviously, this happened as soon as Cait got in the car

I asked Cait where she wanted to eat dinner, and she requested Cafe Rio.


Then after a quick stop at the Distribution Center for some missionary supplies, we took the little missionary home just in time to meet her old roommate's sister in law for ice cream.

Then I went with her over to visit the S family.  Because she just HAD to see all these people.  Where did she get this uncontrollable need to please people????  Oh yeah.... me.

Aaaaanyway, I stayed up waaaaaay past my bedtime just to spend a little more time with her.  And take a few more pictures, because that is what we do best.



The next morning, I went to work for a little bit, then drove down to Kar's house to pick them all up.  Of course I brought her the requested Chicken Broccoli Casserole* leftovers
Which somehow miraculously survived a whole 2 days without being eaten.  Wait, it wasn't a miracle: Matt let me eat the rest of the leftovers and specifically saved this container for Cait because he knew she wanted it.  He is the sweetest :)
*I realize that this is the third blog post in a row where I have reference the CBC.  I apologize, but it is an integral part of my life.



We had a not-too-somber drive down to Provo, pulled up to the MTC, and were mobbed by hundreds of way-too-overly-enthusiastic missionaries.


And then she was whisked away.  I was actually really really glad that it was not the emotional sobfest that occurred when we dropped my brother off.  It was too fast for me to even get sad.  That, and I will see her tomorrow when my parents get set apart, so NBD.  Just kidding, it is a HUUUUUUGE deal!  I love this little baby so much, and I know it will be really really hard tomorrow to say goodbye for reals.  But I am so proud of her and what she is going to do.  Korea will never be the same.

I love my baby sis!!!  Come home safe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment