Wednesday, May 31, 2017

... that Mom and Dad came out AGAIN????

Third time's a charm! This time they were coming for Cait's graduation, Dad's birthday, and of course a few missionary weddings. Matt and I kept our food game up with trips to Spitz, Sodalicious, and Schmidt's for treats on Friday, all before heading down to Provo for Cait's graduation




#yum

The ceremony wasn't as long as I was afraid it would be, and although I had hoped that Jas would sleep more, we were all very entertained sitting next to Grampus.


We also had Matt as entertainment, who valiantly clapped for every graduate in the ceremony who "got less cheers than I did at my graduation... which is almost everyone." So sweet, and yet so rude.



So proud of you Cait!

We continued the celebration with Thai food for everyone, including Na Na and the Skousens, who I feel like are just another set of parents to me and all the Blicks. They are seriously so great! Then that night we had some more quality time with Mom and Dad, during which I introduced Dad to the world of Snapchat



One of the greater moments in my life.

The rest of the weekend was dedicated to Dad's birthday! We had a party for him on Saturday in American Fork



With a little shopping spree at the Outlets afterward for the girls! We went to grab some last minute birthday gifts for Dad while he went to spend Sunday at a stake conference in Vernal with my Uncle John. We picked him up in Heber after church, then I made a big batch of stir fried tofu for dinner! I was a little nervous feeding everyone tofu; Matt just taught me the ways of great tofu in the last few years, and it was not something that us Blick kids ever ate at home. But everyone gobbled it up and didn't leave any leftovers! On Monday we celebrated again with dinner at Olive Garden and dessert at my work, because it was close by.



I asked Dad what he wanted for dessert and he said a peach cobbler of course! So I said I would make him one... then ran out of time and made Mom make it for me. Sorry Mom! It was delicious!!!

We definitely loved spending so much time with Mom and Dad this month! I was sad to see them go home cause it may be a while before they can muster up the energy to come back out again after so many trips lately! Love you Mom and Dad!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment