Thursday, May 11, 2017

... that Jas was ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know everyone says this, but AAAAHHHHHHHH HOW DID THIS HAPPEN??????????

Let's start with the most exciting news first: Jas FINALLY learned to crawl!!!

I picked her up from the daycare one day about a week before her birthday, and her teacher said, "She crawled today!" And I kind of didn't believe her, but then I took her home that night and she totally crawled! I can see that Jas has a bit of a perfectionist personality; she will not do something until she has mastered it. No belly or army crawl for her, just straight to hands and knees, and fast as lightning! Now we are chasing her all around the house making sure she doesn't grab the trash cans and toilets.



Another first: I finally attempted my first hairdo on her! I tried a little french braid across the front of her hairline... and promptly gave up after 3 minutes. How the heck are you supposed to braid this hair people????? Seriously!!! I settled for a simple twist instead:


Which you can't even see in the picture. Whatever. I have given up forever and am sticking to only putting bows in her hair, because #aintnobodygottimefodat. Matt, on the other hand, is fully dedicated to her pigtails, which are so adorable whenever he puts them in! He has gotten really good at them, but I think he mostly puts them in her hair so that I won't put this headband on her:


Which he says "hurts his street cred."

Jas has gotten to be a really good eater and LOVES rice and pasta just like her mama!



Jas also loves dancing ALL THE TIME. Girl loves music and will happily bob along to a beat wherever she is: church, grocery store, car, basketball game, restaurant, bathtub... all appropriate dancing venues to her! I really hope she keeps this love of music when she grows older! She is always happy and generally really easy to take places, which makes date nights not so hard to come by


Although we really tested our luck with her one night and it definitely backfired...


= us sitting in the foyer for an hour with a VERY squirmy baby.

#idiotparents
#rookiemistake

Oh well, you can't win them all. Love my Jas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment