Wednesday, July 3, 2013

... that Kar can keep a promise?

Kar promised that since I made dinner for Father's day, she would make dinner the next Sunday.  And she did!  Since she was cooking, we offered to make dessert.  Actually, Matt offered.  Cause he's the sweetest.  And also because I had been craving his coconut cream pie for weeks and this was the perfect excuse to make it.  But then Kar said she didn't like coconut cream pie, so Matt decided to ALSO make an angel food cake with the egg whites left over from the cream pie, just to be nice to Kar.  So Matt made TWO desserts and I helped this much:

Not much help really, but I can make a great graham cracker crust.  I've said it before and I'll say it everyday for forever and ever:  Matt is the sweetest guy in the world.  Except for maybe when he told me NOT to tell Kar that we made an extra dessert just for her because he "wanted to crush her spirit first."  But it's okay cause he was just kidding.  Matt is only rude in jokes.

So we got dessert all ready then headed over to Kar's right after we watched the world wide leadership broadcast of the Church.  And speaking of the broadcast...

 Mom and Dad were lucky enough to see Cait there!  Someone had seen Caitlin, then went and found Mom and Dad and brought her to them!  Such a sweet tender mercy.  After that, mom and dad conveniently found a way to have lunch at exactly the same time as her everyday until they left the MTC :)

Also, we got to see Mom and Dad a couple times during the broadcast!

So funny, but so good to see them and know they are doing the Lord's work.  So proud of them!

Anyway, after we finally got to Kaari's we had a delicious dinner.  For all of her aforementioned helplessness, she is actually a great cook when she wants to be!  Both of Matt's desserts were a huge hit, obviously

(I also cut up the fresh peaches.  Such a big helper, I know.)

Kar was ridiculous and made us also bring a candle so that we could celebrate G's 6 month birthday.  She's not even one!!!  Crazy new mom.  But G is cute, so I let it slide.





She is the cutest!  I love that little tongue.  And she loves the boondoggle keychain that I gave her that a certain friend of Matt's gave to me.  Chad, if you're reading this, you're creepy.

I love living so close to my sis!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment