Friday, July 12, 2013

... that we are rule breakers?

Cait has been in the MTC for three and a half weeks now.  And she is doing great!  She loves the work and is having a great time teaching, learning Korean, and sharing the gospel.  She is a rockstar.

So last week, I got a call from Kar saying she was going to go down to the MTC and bring Cait cookies.  I warned her that you can't just take things to the MTC, you have to mail them, and she responded that she was not going to take them to the MTC.  She had emailed Cait and they had schemed to meet at the temple on Cait's weekly Sunday walk.  Of course.  Kar is a PRO schemer.  Unfortunately, I couldn't go with her for some reason, so she journeyed down by herself.  I was super bummed that I couldn't go, until I started getting these texts:


Turns out that Cait didn't go on a walk that day cause she was called in for an interview and was assigned to be the Sister Training Leader (Awesome, right?  I'm so proud of my little baby!).  Anyway, poor Kar waited an hour by herself in the temple parking lot for Cait to show up and she never did!  Hahahahaha so horribly funny.  Obviously, Kar sent her an angry email asking why she wasn't there, and Cait told her about the interview and promised that she was definitely going to be there next week for sure.  Which just happened to also be the week that our cousin Stephanie was blessing her baby in Orem.  Perfect!  So we drove down to Utah county and right after the blessing, we ran over to the temple with baby G and a bag of cookies and waited.  And waited.  And waited.

Finally Zach called us from the car (Matt and Zach stayed in the car cause they didn't want to be associated with us rule breakers) and said that they saw her at the bottom of the hill!  So we walked down the hill and there she was, in all of her missionary glory.


She felt super bad cause I guess they had just had a big meeting where all the missionaries were told NOT to have people meet them at the temple and bring them stuff.  Hahahahaha oops.  What can I say, us Blicks are rebels.  But okay fine, we won't do it again.  Cause now she has to be an example and stuff.  Well, maybe we won't do it again.  Only time will tell.



I love my little missionary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment