Monday, July 22, 2013

... that Matt said*:

*This is totally a copycat post.  One of my favorite bloggers, the wonderfully hilarious and also beautiful Grace, does the funniest posts about her husband's stand up comedy around the house.  I am desperately jealous that I can't come up with a clever name for my posts (I almost thought about asking Matt to change his name to Simon...), but I'll just have to settle for being a copycat.

Sooooooooo,

Remember that one time that Matt said:

On dieting:  "I don't diet.  It has the word 'die'."

Looking out the window at a rainbow:  "There's CareBears over there for sure."

On why he is not a vegetarian:
Matt:  "I don't want to turn into a fart machine."
Me:  "What?"
Matt:  "Cause of all the beans."

While reading a beginner's woodworking book:  "Honey!  I'm gonna make us a ton of crappy furniture!!!"

On my dead pet hamster in the trash can:
Matt: "If you would like to pay your respects, she'll be there... till Thursday."
Me:
Renee:  hysterical laughing.
Matt:  "It will be an open lid viewing."
Me:
Renee:  hysterical laughing.
Matt:  hysterical laughing, then looking at me, "I use humor to hide my sadness."

As I am leaning in for a kiss after he went swimming in Bear Lake:  "Giardia kiss!!"

Wistfully, as we are driving back from Bear Lake as fast as we can:  "We are probably driving past so many pet stores right now."

On what he does while I'm at work all day:  "I got a lot of work to do tomorrow.  Red Tail Boas aren't gonna learn about themselves."

On eating instant mashed potatoes vs. real mashed potatoes:  "I'd rather punch myself in the face, but if you guys want them...."

Again on dieting:  "I'll diet when I die.................. (quietly to himself) it."


I love my husband :)

No comments:

Post a Comment