Friday, July 12, 2013

... that it was the 4th of July?

I started asking Matt if we could go see fireworks a week before the 4th because I REALLY wanted to go see some.  Last year I think we watched a few neighborhood explosions from our kitchen window.  LAME.

Then Lisa called and asked us if we wanted to do something.  Which was funny cause I think she might actually have been calling us to get out of going to a firework show, which is what Brian wanted to do.  Come on Harrisons, I thought you guys were all about fun????  THAT WAS A JOKE MATT, I WOULD NEVER SAY YOU'RE NOT FUN.

Aaaaaaaanyway, Brian and I ganged up against the nay sayers and a memory was born!  Even Renee decided to join in the party!  We started with a BBQ at the Merrills:

Burgers (made by Matt of course), sweet potatoes, chips and salsa, salad, and bacon wrapped/cream cheese stuffed jalapenos (which I'm sure would have been delicious had I been able to taste them after they destroyed my tongue).

Then it was off to Jordan Park for the "official Salt Lake City firework show."  We camped out at a great spot on the baseball field, played tag, had a handstand contest, ate Oreos, had a glow stick war, and waited for dark.






So much fun, even if there was NO MUSIC TO ACCOMPANY THE FIREWORK SHOW.  Terrible right?  Is it even Independence Day if you don't sing along when they start to play "I'm Proud to Be An American" and get all teary eyed and embarrassed at your own cheesiness and have to try to wipe away your tears without anyone seeing???  Whatever.  The show was good, it wasn't too cold, and I had two of the cutest nephews in the world snuggled next to me on the blanket.



I love the USA!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment