Friday, February 24, 2017

... that Jas was eight months!




We've been focusing a lot on getting ready to crawl, which means a lot of tummy time practice! Which just ends up looking like this:



Homegirl is not motivated to move. At all. Instead of reaching for toys or lifting up her head to look around, she'll just lay there and smile at you until you pick her up again. I love her so much.

One day, Matt said to me, "I think we need to start taking better care of her hair." And I was all, It's fine! It's not tangled, I brush it out in the bath, and I put lotion in it afterward like they told me at the hospital! And then I looked at her hair a little closer.... and it was not fine. Brushing it out in the bath was not good enough to untangle it (duh) and it was a lot drier and tangled than I realized! Plus it was getting so long, I knew Matt was right: we really needed to up our hair game.

So I decided that I was gonna be Supermom and do all the research and learn how to care for her hair and be so awesome and on top of things and make my baby look even cuter!!!


HA to the HA.

First I tried to comb out her hair by just getting it wet with some warm water and coconut oil and she got SO MAD. I knew it was bad cause she NEVER cries. I felt so bad! It was hurting her because her hair wasn't wet enough, so I just threw her in the tub and doused her hair in water and coconut oil and slowly, carefully, painstakingly combed out every single knot and tangle.


Yes, that is an extremely professional Minnie Mouse comb, and it works just great.

It took quite a while my first time, but I have gotten a lot faster at it and now I can comb out her whole head pretty fast without her crying at all! And just look at that Jerry curl!!! All the heart eyes.

So after I combed out her whole head, I got her out of the tub and put some more coconut oil on her hair just for a little extra conditioning, and I was feeling pretty good about myself! I could do this! It wasn't too hard! I used natural products and her hair was gonna look great! I am a good mom!!!

And then she woke up the next morning and I smelled her head and I wanted to barf. I think my coconut oil was definitely bad, because her hair did not smell like a tropical paradise. It smelled RANK. Plus, her hair did NOT absorb the oil like I thought it would, so it was crazy greasy and disgusting looking, and got oil all over her clothes and blankets and anything else it touched. And I couldn't wash her hair again, because it was so much work to comb it out, and all of my research had said that you can't wash "textured" hair too often because it will dry it out more, and I did NOT have time to wash her hair again before work! So I sent her to daycare smelling like a rancid garbage can. And I was humiliated and just knew that all the teachers at the daycare were going to be wondering why the crap my baby smelled so freaking bad.

That night I went to Walmart and bought some real products to take care of her hair, and good news! My baby no longer smells like a dumpster.



Good thing she is so freaking cute, it doesn't matter what she smells like.

Love my Jas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment