Tuesday, May 28, 2013

... that I don't know how to spell Chichen Itza?

Okay, I figured it out.

Our second full day in Cancun was spent on a tour of some ancient ruins in the area.  My parents booked an awesome LDS tour guide from Helaman Tours and it was really great!  First stop was Ek Balam:










A little nap in the van during the drive (thanks husband for this nice pic)

I saw this picture on Matt's phone and asked him why he took it.  He told me he took it at a random rest stop to show Cutter when we got back, because he knew Cutter would love the Spiderman.  This man is the sweetest :)

Finally we got to Chichen Itza!








Super cool.  Our tourguide was really great and taught us a lot of really neat things about the ruins and Ancient Mayan culture.

After the ruins, our guide hurried us over to a cenote so we could get there before the other tour groups arrived.  What is a cenote, you ask?




An amazingly beautiful, natural swimming hole dug down into the ground and filled from the water table below.  The water was cool and refreshing after walking around ruins in the heat all day.  It was honestly one of the coolest places I have ever been to.


The boys, getting ready to jump



The natural pool was lit in the middle from the light above and filled with little fish.  I was a little hesitant to jump in (only scared of heights when I'm jumping off), but Cait made me do it with her for a picture.  Then the 1st pic didn't come out, so I did it again.





Totally worth the headache.  I am awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment