Sunday, May 5, 2013

... that Henry got married?!?!?!

This was one of the happiest days ever.

After a relaxing morning and a little bit of garage sale-ing with Aunt Jill, Uncle Denny, and Denae, Matt and I headed out to Oakland for Henry and Marilee's sealing!  I love the Oakland Temple!  It was the first temple I ever attended a sealing at, and it is beautiful!  Matt and I walked around the temple grounds and took a few pics while we were waiting for the sealing to start





After the sealing, waiting for the happy couple:


This picture was only possible after I yelled at Matt for these pictures:


Anyway, the gorgeous bride and groom finally came out!

Have you ever seen a happier face?

 The gorgeous sister of the bride and our good friend Lucinda!


After a few pictures, we ran back to Jill and Denny's house to get ready for the dinner and reception.  Henry and Marilee's wedding was "Mad Men" themed, so obviously I knew I would need a costume.  I have never watched that show before, but Google helped me figure out that basically it means "60s."  I accidentally waited till Tuesday night to go to DI, but I found THE PERFECT DRESS.  I was so stoked!  But it didn't quite fit me... so I ended up spending all of Tuesday night and stayed up till 3:00 in the morning Wednesday night (the night before we left at 7:00 in the morning to drive to SF... oops) making this dress fit me.
And it was totally worth it.

This dress turned out AWESOME.  Henry loved it and their photographer said it was totally "Mad Men."  I could not not have been happier!

We rushed to the wedding dinner, which was at a great restaurant on the Embarcadero called Perry's.

 The food was incredible and the restaurant looked out onto the Bay Bridge.  Perfect.

The reception was a big party at our old ward church building.  It was so good to see tons of old friends, catch up, and get our dance on!!





We spent pretty much the whole evening with two goofballs we met at the dinner, the sons of a family that has befriended Henry and Marilee.  This kid (who reminded me of a friend I had in college)

And his brother

HILARIOUS.



Sending off the newlyweds


A great day, an awesome wedding, a fantastic trip.  Congratulations Henry!!!  We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Honey, if you call our wedding a party one more time... you may not get invited! Hahaha LOOOOVE your dress! You are awesome sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALLAOOOOO. Seriously?!??!! YES it's Monica... who else?!?!?! Money AND a firm hand? FInally a Chandler I can get on board with! (Phoebe you loser) Pheeeeeeebee. Why does she keep making that noise?? HAHAHAHA these quotes can go on and ooooon really.

    ReplyDelete