Friday, January 19, 2018

... that things were looking up?

November started off on a great note. I was still riding that Halloween high, the weather was nice, the holidays were just around the corner, and I was just feeling good. Working on our costumes had gotten me all excited about sewing again, and while I was in the groove, I grabbed three dresses that have been sitting in my closet for a LONG time and altered them all so that I could finally wear them. Yay for "new" clothes! I also pulled out a jumpsuit that I bought probably three years ago and finally fixed the plunging neckline with a cross body zipper and I love it!


This jumper has literally been halfway torn apart in my closet for three years because I was too intimidated to try to fix the neckline. But in a burst of inspiration, I decided to throw a zipper on it and it turned out just how I imagined! Then I embarrassed myself, Matt, and all of our neighbors by asking Matt to take pictures of me in it. And he did, because he is an #instagramhusband. I love to sew!

Also at the end of October, Matt and I decided that we felt like it was time for a career change for him. We have loved the firm that he has been working with, and they have given him invaluable experience over the last 5 years. But we decided it was time for him to look for new opportunities to move his career forward and take care of our family. We fasted and prayed to ask Heavenly Father to help us know if this was a path He wanted us to take... and the next day Matt got a call from a firm in Salt Lake asking him to interview for a job that he hadn't even applied for. He had been recommended as a replacement for someone that he had worked with in another capacity a few years ago, and they wanted to know if he could start right away. Now if that isn't a directly miraculous answer to prayers... I don't know what is.

He went in a few days later for his interview, and had an offer a few days after that. We celebrated that night with a family date night at Market Street.



We have really been so blessed when we try to do what Heavenly Father wants us to do! Like it says in the scriptures, He prepares a way for us to accomplish His work.

Here's to a future that's looking bright!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment