Monday, April 3, 2017

... that we went to Dallas: Day 1

About a week and a half after we got home, Matt had to go to Dallas for a conference, and he invited me and Jas to go with him! I was surprised he wanted us to come, he gets stressed about work stuff easily. But Jas is so easy, and it WAS our anniversary weekend, so I didn't ask twice! I was a little nervous to be flying with Jas, and we were taking a red eye flight out there, and I just didn't want her to be cranky on the plane...



I will never stop unnecessarily worrying about this baby and also will never cease to sing her praises when she exceeds all of my wildest expectations. Other than a few stray kicks to the sweet lady trying to sleep next to me, this little angel was great on the plane! She doesn't really like to be held while she's sleeping, but once she fell asleep, she was perfect. She is the best baby that ever lived.

Matt had to be in his conference all day Friday and Saturday, so I was left to my own devices! I asked the airport shuttle driver to take me somewhere fun with food, and he did not let me down! He dropped me off at Klyde Warren Park which was so cute and just happened to have a mess of food trucks lining the street. Perfect!





Braised beef and mac n' cheese slider and lime tater tots. Not too shabby! There was a light drizzle, so Jas and I huddled under a canopy in the middle of the park while we ate until it let up a little, then we walked across the street to the Dallas Museum of Art.



I love museums! Jas took a little nap while I wandered around and we had a great time! After a few hours, I decided to walk around the neighborhood a little more and found... another museum


Turns out I was in the middle of the Art District of Dallas. Fine by me! I wandered around this museum for a while and then decided to explore the streets some more. 



I went into the Chase Tower and tried to to up to the observation deck, but they wouldn't let me. By that time, the conference was over for the day, so I headed back to the hotel to meet Matt and grab some food! Our hotel just happened to be across the street from the winner of the 2015 DFW.com Battle of the Burgers, a place called The Rodeo Goat. 

I know. It's a horrible name for a restaurant. But we ate there. And it was pretty dang good.



We barely made it half way through that giant plate of cheese fries and I made Matt get a burger with caramelized onions and peaches on it??? Crazy! It was pretty good food, although Matt wasn't really a fan of my salted caramel and pretzel milkshake. We limped back to our hotel room and went to bed exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment