Friday, March 24, 2017

... that we stayed for the New Year!

The next day was New Year's Eve! We ran a few errands, I got addicted to The Room on dad's iPad, Matt bought me some new tires after he discovered that my tires were basically bald and we wouldn't make it home, we ate the rest of the du pong,


And basically hung out and relaxed most of the day. Dad wasn't feeling too well so he went to bed early, but we introduced Mom to Italian sodas and played rummikub with her until after midnight



So it was a party indeed. We went to church with them again the next day


And then the Rexes came over for a little wrestling time that night.


We drove home all day on Monday so we could be back to work on Tuesday, but it was worth it to spend so much time at home!!! Even if we came home to this:



The mess that I had left behind in my effort to get on the road + 10 days of luggage + the aftermath of Christmas apparently exploding in my living room. I'm pretty sure it was at least a week before we got this mess all cleaned up, but that's what happens when we're both working full time! We needed a vacation to clean up from our vacation.

I miss home! We'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment