Tuesday, September 29, 2015

... that I went to Girl's Camp?

In the last two wards we have been in, I have had the exact same callings: Primary Chorister and Young Womens. Good thing they are my two favorite callings! But that means that I have had to go to Girl's Camp twice now since Matt and I have been married. SACRIFICE!!! Just kidding.

But seriously. I don't like camping.


Good news: We were going to the Grand Canyon!

Bad news: I had to drive.

Good news: It was Stake Girls camp, so I had very little to be in charge of!

Bad news: I was the only leader from our ward who could go.

There were only 4 girls going from our ward, so we just packed into my little car and stuck together like glue! One of our girls was kind of a surprise addition who I didn't even know was coming (or that she was even in our ward, for that matter), but the other girls quickly took her in and we all became fast friends.





Yes I slept in a tent. Which I set up and took down TWICE at both campsites BY MYSELF, thankyouverymuch. Good thing the scenery was absolutely beautiful.






All in all, I really did have fun. Every time we were in the car, the girls begged me to roll down all the windows and turn the music up so they could sing as loud as they could. They played all the normal Girls Camp games and even taught me some new ones. We also sat around the campfire, sang Camp songs, braided hair, roasted marshmallows, had devotionals, and made crafts.

I also rewrote Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" to be a song about temple marriage called "We Are Never Ever Giving Up Forever." Which the leaders sang in trash bag/toilet paper wedding dresses of course.


I may not like camping, but I love Girl's Camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment