Friday, September 18, 2015

... that we went to Thailand: Day 6

Our last day in Thailand!!!

I was so sad to be going home, we were having such a wonderful time!!! But I was also completely exhausted and tired of sweating ALL THE TIME. We woke up early and I begged Matt to take me out to the Warorot Day Market, right along the Ping river on the north east side of the city. We had so much fun at the night market the night before, I wanted to see what the market was like in the day! So we hopped on the scooter and ventured off to find it. After a long and very stressful scooter ride, in which Matt threatened to turn around and go right home when we couldn't find a parking spot, we finally found the day market and it was every bit as wonderful as I had hoped!


The market was HUGE and each block was selling something different: clothing, fabric, flowers, food, toys, tools, kitchen supplies, anything. We picked up a few more presents to bring home and then Matt said it was time to return the scooter and check out of the hotel. As we walked back to the scooter, we passed this adorable lady selling popsicles and I couldn't resist. It turned out to be the most delicious coconut popsicle I have ever had!


We dropped off the scooter and as we walked back to our hotel, I saw a stand that boasted the best Thai food in the city. I still had a few more Thai dishes I wanted to eat, so I thought why not? We got an order of pineapple fried rice and some mango sticky rice to go then ran back to the hotel to check out of our rooms. I asked Matt to ask the ladies at the front desk to get us a ride to the airport, and mentioned to him that I had really really wanted to ride in a tuk tuk before we left. And those sweet ladies actually found one for us!!!


We made it to the airport on time and even had time to sit and eat our DELICIOUS sticky rice in the airport before we took off. We landed in Bangkok, then caught a connecting flight back to Taipei (it was cheaper to fly round trip than fly home from Bangkok). We caught a taxi to our hotel for our last night in Taipei and pulled up to this:



The Young Motel. It looked like something straight off the seediest street in Vegas.



"This is where I would take you if you were my mistress." - Matt

It was definitely a little skeezy. Especially when Matt decided to turn on the TV over the bathtub... and had to immediately turn it off again. Oh well, it was only one night! We went to bed exhausted and set our alarms for the morning... and forgot about the time change. We woke up to a phone call from the concierge telling us that our taxi was downstairs, so we threw our stuff in our bags and raced out of there without even any breakfast. But we made it to the airport on time to catch our flight! And a short 12 hours later, we were back in the USA!!!

We love Thailand, but we LOVE AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment