Wednesday, June 7, 2017

... that we had Sister's Weekend, Day 3

Kell woke up Saturday morning with one thing on her mind: b. patisserie. So Cait and I walked with her to get some breakfast... up more huge hills of course. But once again, it was worth it.





All of these pastries were so delicious!! We picked up Kar in an Uber and headed to the pier for the Farmer's Market, where we scarfed them all down in a dark corner on a dilapidated dolly because security said we couldn't sit on their pretty stairs.


We wandered around, Kar weaseled her way into a free cheese tasting, and I finally got my Secret Breakfast ice cream after waiting for two days.


We went out back along the water and sampled every. single. fruit stand.





Then walked up to Pier 39 for a little touristy time.











I love this city so much! And after so many years, I am still discovering new places! Like this tiny, adorable beach that was basically in my backyard the whole time I lived in the city and I had NO IDEA. This city continues to amaze me!!!

Next, we caught an Uber up to the Golden Gate Bridge and Kar showed us another new spot that she is obsessed with: the succulent wall.




Kell had been joking about going back to the taco shop ever since we left it on Thursday... but she wasn't actually joking at all, so we drove back to the Mission for round two!



Just as delicious the second time. #fave

We headed back downtown for a tiny bit more shopping before the night ended, and it just wouldn't be SF if you left without seeing something completely random and ridiculous in the streets...


Did someone just drop these? Or did they take them off right there on the sidewalk? Did they change into some other pants, or are they just walking around in their underwear? Why hasn't a homeless man taken them already? What has happened to these pants that one of the millions of homeless people in this city hasn't picked them up yet??? #unsolvedmysteries

Kell wanted to check out another ice cream place so she dragged us across the city again.




I solemnly swear from this point on to never doubt Kelly again. I will go to whatever food place she wants to go to because homegirl delivers. every. time. Girl can yelp food like nobody's business, and I will follow her to the ends of the earth in search of yummy treats for all eternity. This ice cream was so delicious and creamy and amazing and I miss it.

The other thing with Kell and food is that she never eats at just one place... so of course we made another late night stop at her new favorite pizza place for one more slice of cheesy goodness before we left the city.


We walked and talked and laughed all the way back to the hotel and went to bed exhausted. Cait and I had to leave at 5:30 the next morning to catch our plane, so we skipped out before Kell and Kar were up. I made it home in time to meet Matt and Jas for a little bit of church, and that stinky little baby didn't even seemed fazed to see me at all.

I feel so blessed to call these wonderful women my sisters. They are smart, nice, strong, loving examples to me and I am so grateful that they are my best friends! Kell is always up for more fun, Kar is so so funny, and Cait is my sweet little baby that is always pleasant no matter what. I loved every second of being with them and I am so grateful to all of our husbands for letting us get away! I walked, ate, shopped, and laughed more than I have probably ever done in a single weekend, and I have never been so tired and so rejuvenated at the same time.

I LOVE MY SISTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment