Wednesday, June 7, 2017

... that we had SISTERS' WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Day 1

The stars aligned for all of the Blickensisters to get together for a weekend in San Francisco!!! Kar found cheap flights, we forced Kell to book a motel room, and we were on our way to the greatest city in the world!!! I was super proud of myself for getting me and Cait into the city on BART


Considering I had only ridden it twice in the two and a half years that I lived there. Stepping out of the train station into the city was seriously like coming home:


I love San Francisco so much!!!!!!!! Everything about that city is just bursting with excitement and fun and happy memories for me!! The weather was perfect, everything was gorgeous, and I was so happy to be back! Cait and I walked around the financial district for a little bit, then hopped on a bus to Cow Hollow to do some shopping near our hotel while we waited for Kar and Kell to arrive.





Our hotel was just a few blocks away from my old neighborhood, one of my favorite places to shop! We went to my favorite boutique:



And found the parent store of the company that gave Jas her first professional modeling gig:


Kell and Kar finally arrived and we all checked into the motel, which turned out to be not too shabby! Then the first official order of business: GET SOME TACOS!!!!! I managed to convince all three sisters to hop on a bus to the mission


But I accidentally told them to get on a bus going the wrong way... so we jumped off and tried to catch another one


But the right bus never came. And when one finally did come, it apparently was not a SF bus, so we couldn't use our tickets on it. By this time all three of them were seriously starving and wanting to kill me, so I gave up and let them call an Uber. And that was the end of my public transportation efforts with the Blickensisters because none of them would even let me say the word "bus" for the rest of the weekend. However, it was not the end of our transportation struggles for the evening...


Because none of us had ever used Uber before and apparently none of us can function properly without the men in our lives. I finally got a car, but it turned out I did it wrong and it could only take two of us? So we split up and took two cars to the taco shop, and it took forever, and everyone's phones were dying, and people were starving, and children were crying, and animals were howling, and cities were burning, and the sun stopped shining, untillllllll


Everyone got a little carnitas and agua fresca in their tummies and just like that, everything was right again. These tacos are seriously magical.



After we stuffed ourselves silly, we walked a few blocks to Mitchell's (at Kell's request) for some macapuno ice cream that was pretty amazing.


We caught an Uber back up to the hotel and rested for a bit, then decided to walk to Bob's for a late night donut run




The old fashions were fresh, warm, and delicious! We were heading back to the hotel with a quick stop at Walgreen's for some water and snacks, when Kell stopped dead in her tracks at a pizza place that she just could not resist.



I was so full and could not imagine eating another bite of anything, but I guess I was the only one ready to burst because just a few doors down we spotted an adorable Taiwanese shaved ice place and the next thing you know...



They were trying to close, but Kell pointed at Cait and Kar's pregnant bellies and they totally let us order. Hooray for second desserts after second dinners and feeling so full you want to puke, or maybe pee your pants...


Because that almost happened.

#sisters
#food
#city
#love

No comments:

Post a Comment