Monday, July 28, 2014

... that all of my wildest dreams came true?



Matt and I are quickly and unapologetically turning into "the crazy pet people."

I was having lunch with one of my favorites, the fabulous Nicki, a few months ago and we were talking about pets. I mentioned to her that Matt had told me that I could have a bunny someday. I think Matt only said I could have a bunny for two reasons: 1) he feels bad that he has 5 snakes and I only have 2 hamsters (obviously so unfair), and 2) he thinks that having a bunny will bridge the gap to having a dog in the house. We'll see about that (who am I kidding, I'm a sucker for anything fluffy), but for right now, I had told him that I would wait to have a bunny until I could stay home with it. I had bunnies when I was little and they lived in a hutch outside and were the saddest little bunnies in the world, so I wanted to make sure that if I got a bunny now, it would live inside and be house trained and be around people and be happy. And I am a reasonable, patient adult who can make rational decisions about my future, so I was okay with waiting.

A month later she sent me a message that said "I FOUND YOUR BUNNY!" with a link to KSL. When I clicked on the link, I saw the cutest picture of the most adorable bunny I had ever seen! The add said she was friendly, house trained and FREE!!! What? I couldn't believe it! I called Matt IMMEDIATELY and asked if I could call her (in actuality I was giving him a warning that I was absolutely going to call her). He responded with, "I thought you wanted to wait to get a bunny?" and I think I said something like "SHE'S FREE AND ADORABLE AND IF I DON'T CALL THIS LADY RIGHT NOW SHE'S GOING TO BE GONE SO I'M CALLING HER OKAY BYE!"

So I called the KSL lady and yes! She still had the bunny! I asked her why she was getting rid of it and she said that she had FOUND IT!!! She had seen some boys being mean to it by her apartment complex and taken it away from them! HORRIBLE! After yelling at them, she asked them where they had gotten it, and they told her they had found it. So she posted pictures of it around her complex asking if anyone had lost it, but no one was looking for her! MY HEART WAS BREAKING! She was going to keep it herself, but she already had too many animals and she was moving soon, so she just wanted to make sure it would go to a good home! THIS BUNNY NEEDED ME TO SAVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt and I drove over to see her that night and I instantly fell in love. She is gorgeous, sweet, friendly, calm, and so stinking cute I can't stand it!!! I knew right away that we were going to keep her, but we didn't have any supplies and it was too late to go to the pet store. So we left her with her rescuer for one more night and promised to come back. We went home and scoured KSL again for a cage and SCORE! We found a great one for super cheap! So I picked it up the next day, ran to the pet store for a few extras, then raced over to pick her up and bring her home!


When Nicki sent me the link, she said that this bunny needed to be mine because she looked like a Tina. While I couldn't agree more, I wanted to give her a name of her own. I tried to think of something that maybe was close to Tina? And then I remembered my girl at work Alaina who has a bunny that looks like this bunny and also a cat named Zooey Deschanel. And then it came to me: ChrisTina Aguilera. That is her name. Perfect.

Right from the start she was THE BEST BUNNY IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!! She was completely potty trained: only one little bunny pellet outside of her cage on the first day we got her and not a single accident since! She is seriously amazing! AND to top that, we trained her to use a litter box inside her cage, so I don't even have to clean her whole cage out every time! She is so smart! She loves to cuddle and be scratched behind her ears and run circles around my feet when I'm not paying enough attention to her. She loves to hide under the bed and the couch, but I trained her to run to me when I make kissing sounds. She loves to run around the apartment and jump on everything, but she doesn't shed too much so it's fine. Although Matt does NOT like it when she jumps up on the couch; he says I'm too soft with her. But how can I not be?



She is THE CUTEST!!!


This is the best thing that has happened in my life since my sisters gave me two hamsters for my birthday.

UPDATE: ChrisTina Aguilera has turned into the fattest bunny ever. Matt says I need to put her on a diet. But she doesn't even look fat!



Right? Also, I think she is a boy. Oops.

I love ChrisTina Aguilera so much!!!

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean they were the saddest bunnies in the world???? Are you talking about how there was like a gigantic solidified mountain of bunny poop in their hutch at all times or that they never got touched or fed or just the fact that one was DEAD for like an entire week before anyone noticed??? They looked pretty happy to me.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHA this is hilarious. You are so excited about it and so happy. Go Pliss Pliss! I'm dying over that leash... Seriously??? A bunny leash? Who knew?!?!? HAHAHAHA you crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bunny harness has to be the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete