Thursday, July 10, 2014

... that we are getting even closer to being real adults?

We also spent a lot of our Memorial Day playing "grown ups," AKA, we went car shopping! We were so blessed to be able to drive my parents' leased Volt for a year, but it was time to turn it in and get a car of our own. I told Matt that he got to pick out the new car; we are planning on turning in my car soon and I will get to pick her replacement, so I figured it was only fair that he choose one now. After spending a lot of time online and doing a lot of research, we finally decided to go look at some cars. We went to a couple of dealerships and I was just about ready to force Matt to decide between our two favorites, when he said, "I'm just going to look online one more time."

And then he found this.


2008 Mazda 3, manual. As soon as Matt saw it online, we had to go see it.

Turns out the guy was selling it because he had bought it for his daughter, but then she didn't come home after prom... Let that be a lesson to all teenage girls! Anyway, Matt had told me that he wanted a manual transmission and this car is waaaay cooler than the other cars we were looking at, so we got the financing in order the next day, and it was ours! So cool! Matt loves driving it around and even I have mastered the clutch! Sort of. I didn't even kill it until I tried to park it. And then it died on me. Twice. Oh well, practice makes perfect. This is probably the most adult thing that I've done since I bought a couch. Yep, I'm growing up so fast.

I love being an adult!

1 comment:

  1. Weeeeee for new cars!!! I am so excited to put one of my carseats in it so that one of my kids can throw up in it and break it in for you hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete