Wednesday, July 23, 2014

... that Oregon knows how to have a good time?

Our beach houses were amazingly positioned in the perfect location: right in between Pacific City and Tillamook. Which was important, because there were many, many trips to Tillamook.



So much cheese. So much ice cream. So much happiness.

But there is more than just dairy products there. One morning while Matt was doing a little work, the ladies and I decided to tour the Latimer Quilt and Textile Center.

It was this interesting little museum/shop that had all kinds of spinning wheels, looms, blankets, quilts, and handmade trinkets. They had several old ladies there putting on fascinating spinning and quilting demonstrations. And they HAD a free spinning wheel.


This thing was sitting on the front porch of the museum with a "Free" sign on it and I could not believe my eyes. It is beautiful! And so cool!!! Some lady had found it at a garage sale and was worried that it was going to end up in the dumpster. She couldn't bear the thought of it being thrown away, so she brought it to the textile center where she knew someone would find it and love it. Someone like me! It turned out that it is not exactly functional, but I don't even care. It is so cool, I couldn't even help myself. Mom said she would ask Dad to drive it home for me, and it was a done deal! I called Matt to tell him I was bringing it home and I'm pretty sure he vowed to never let me go anywhere on my own again, but he didn't say no, and now it is gracing our living room. It was supposed to go in my sewing room, but I haven't moved it in there yet because of laziness. And I love it.

We also went into Pacific City quite a bit. We left the babies at home one night with Grandpa and Grandma and caught a late night movie in town (Edge of Tomorrow was... not terrible), grabbed some pizza one day for lunch, and made many many trips to stock up on Wild Cherry Pepsi. Of course.

We love being tourists!

No comments:

Post a Comment