Monday, December 30, 2013

... that this happened AGAIN?!?!?!?!?!?!

It was a miracle.

I knew that it was about time for the second Hobbit movie to come out. I was trying not to think about it too much because I thought that the possibility of going to two Hobbit premiers in a row was pretty slim.

Guys. Heavenly Father loves me.

I was minding my own business at work when a guy from a neighboring/partner office walked up to my desk and asked me for a favor. He had been given 6 tickets to the second Hobbit premier and HE WANTED ME TO FIND SOMEONE TO TAKE THE LAST TWO TICKETS. My eyes about popped out of my head and my jaw hit the floor. I think I scared him a little bit cause I grabbed my chest and started hyperventilating. The first words I could utter were, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????" Then I rambled on and on about the premier last year and how we dressed up and Matt won the costume contest and oh my gosh there's another contest this year and I am so excited and can I keep them for myself and are you sure I don't have to give them to someone else and I love the Hobbit and my dad read it to me as a child and THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!!! And then I noticed that he was slowly backing away towards the door. So I started running around the office showing the tickets to everyone and hyperventilating to anyone that would listen to me. IT WAS THE BEST DAY AT WORK EVERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Fast forward a month and a half, and I am scrambling for costumes. Luckily my husband has shown me the magic that is Deseret Industries. I found the perfect pieces for our new costumes and recycled a few from last year. The results:




And would you believe it?
WE WON THE COSTUME CONTEST AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Okay, really that's me being modest because duh, obviously we won. Technically, Matt got 2nd place to a little boy that dressed up as an orc. But can you even really compete with an 8 year old? So basically Matt won. And we have a $25 Visa gift card to prove it! Because just like last year, Matt acted out a scene from the movie and everyone loved it. Seriously. I love this man so much.

I LOVE THE HOBBIT AND COSTUMES AND WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment