Thursday, December 26, 2013

... that I have the greatest friends?

I've been thinking a lot about friends lately.

It is my belief that people come into your life when you need them.  I know that my Heavenly Father has sent me many many friends over the years, people who have helped and uplifted me when I needed it most.

But I have also noticed that sometimes those friends leave when you, shall we say, don't need them anymore?  It's happened to me more than once.  People change, life changes, and before you know it, the people you thought you couldn't live without are gone.  And it's not necessarily a bad thing; sometimes people just move on.

I consider myself a fiercely loyal friend.  Good and true friends are, for me, few and far between, and I cherish them when I find them.  It's hard sometimes for me to accept when friendships fall apart, but it always makes me that much more grateful for the friends that have stuck around.


These are two of the best friends I have ever had.

I met Jimmy and Choc while I was in college and we have been friends ever since.  We have travelled, helped each other through breakups, roadtripped, moved out of state, been to weddings, birthdays, and so many parties together.  No matter where I go, these guys are always looking out for me.

A few weeks ago, Jimmy and his wife came into town and that ALWAYS means getting together for a dinner at Red Robin with everyone.  I love that no matter how long it's been, all we need is a burger and some fries and it's just like old times again.  No catching up needed, no awkwardness.  Just the best friends a girl could ask for.  I love these guys like brothers, and they will always be two of my very best friends.

I love Jimmy and Choc!

No comments:

Post a Comment