Wednesday, January 16, 2013

... that I love to serve?

After church last Sunday, Matt asked me if it was okay if he volunteered us to work a shift at the Deseret Pasta Plant in Kearns.  Apparently it was our stake's turn to volunteer, and let's just say no one was jumping at the chance.

So we signed up, and I took off right after work yesterday to make the 6:00 shift.  Unfortunately, my sweet husband who volunteered us for this job got stuck at work.  Literally.  He couldn't get his truck out of his parking spot cause of the snow.  I was going to go help him, but a) me standing there doing nothing probably wouldn't help much, and b) he didn't want us to look like total service ditchers.  So I went to the plant to serve all by myself.

Service is sexy.

They had me folding boxes


And putting dated stickers on boxes of Mac and Cheese.

It was actually pretty fun.  And I was only there for 3 hours, which was pretty much how long it took Matt to get his car unstuck.  He ended up calling his sister, Lisa, who sent her husband to help.  They drove back to our house, got a tow rope, hooked it up, broke it, bought a new tow rope, and finally got the dumb truck out.  I felt so bad for Matt, it was so frustrating!  But I served enough for the both of us, and I got to bring home some spaghetti and mac and cheese, so it was a win for everyone.


I love service and pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment