Wednesday, January 16, 2013

... that I am super crafty?

I think Pinterest and the Internet have ruined my life.

I want to make EVERYTHING.

I've never been that crafty before, but for some reason I am on a super creative kick!  Exhibit A:

Aren't these a lovely pair of earrings?  Do you like how one is dark grey silver and one is bronze?  That's because I have a nervous/bored habit of playing with my left earring when I'm bored.  Only the left.  So I usually play with the left one till the silver rubs off or the backing falls off, then sometimes I switch them so I can rub the silver off the other one.  Then, after I get so sick of how disgusting they look that I can't stand it, I throw them away, put in another pair from the Claire's 6 pack I bought 5 years ago, and start the process all over again.

Until now:
Aren't they adorable???  SO much cuter than plain silver.  And here's the best part:
It's just nail polish!

It's like having brand new earrings for free.  Awesome.  I can't believe I never thought of this sooner.

Tip:  Do not attempt to paint your earrings while holding them in your hand, unless you plan on holding them until they dry and suffering through numerous hand cramps.  Stick the posts into something to hold them up while you paint, like a cotton ball or a bit of padding from a jewelry box.  MUCH smarter :/

I love new earrings and being crafty!  More projects to come...

1 comment: