Thursday, January 3, 2013

... that I'll be home for Christmas?

We got to go home to California for Christmas this year!!!  Which means... ROADTRIP!

We decided to break up the trip, so we drove to Vegas to spend a few days with the Williams.  And lucky for us, the Nuttalls decided to come down too!  AND they brought Renee with them!  It was a real party!  We started the fun with a trip to Grimaldi's for lunch:


Then hopped next door for a quick custard at Nielsen's.  Delicious!!!


After we all had a good nap, it was time to open presents!  Harrison and Marshall LOVED their dinosaur sweatshirts!!!



I am also making sweatshirts for Asher and Ollie.  How else are we supposed to keep our status as favorite aunt and uncle??  I also made some hair clips for Mira:


And I managed only one second-degree burn in the process, so that was good.

After presents, we all went out to tour the Cactus Gardens.  It's this cute little garden with a chocolate factory on the premises... don't ask me why those two things go together.  But they passed out free samples and had lots of Christmas lights, so it was pretty fun for the kids.




Harrison loved his dinosaur sweatshirt so much, he insisted on wearing his coat backwards with the zipper open so that people could see the spikes.  So cute!!!

We all went to church the next morning, and on the way there I got a text from Kaari:  SHE WAS HAVING HER BABY!!!!!!!!!  I immediately regretted leaving Utah!  But she did great, and they probably didn't even want me there anyway.  They got a few days with sweet baby Georgia all to themselves!


Isn't she beautiful???

After church, Matt and I packed up and were off to California!!!!!

I love going home for Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment