Saturday, November 12, 2016

... that mom and dad came home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom and Dad finally came home from Taiwan!!! So we packed our bags and hurried down to Camarillo as fast as we could!!!!!! We weren't so sure how Jas would do on her first road trip, but...


Who are we kidding??? We have the best baby in the world!!!!!!!! She was literally an angel in the car. Slept like a dream and was happy all the way to Vegas! I was only wishing I could say the same for myself... I was sent home from work early by my boss the day we were supposed to leave for Vegas because I looked so terrible. And it only went downhill from there. When we got to the Williams' house, I went straight into the casita and did not leave it the whole night. I had a fever and a terrible cough and just hurt all over. What is it with me and getting sick just in time for big trips?? And just to prove that Jas is imperfect SOMEtimes, she decided to start waking up in the night again, because she apparently doesn't like sleeping anywhere that isn't our closet. So after a not-so-restful night, we got up early and got back on the road again so we could make it to the airport when Mom and Dad landed. And by some great miracle, we barely made it by the hair of our chinny chin chins.



I mean, we made it there way after they landed, but they hadn't left the airport yet and we made it into the pic, so it still counts, right? Right.

We loaded all of their 12,000 bags into every spare inch of space in all three of our cars, then drove straight to our official family reunion at one place and one place only:



Tito's! OBVIOUSLY. I mean, Dad hadn't eaten it in three whole years and was probably not even going to last another day without it, and mom ate it even though we forgot to bring her cilantro. I ate beans and rice even though I was on the verge of dying, Dad finally got to meet all three grandchildren that were born while they were gone, and our family was all together again!

I guess Jas had used up all of her good road trip behavior, because she decided to have a huge blowout in the middle of lunch and then cry for the last 30 miles to Camarillo, but I guess I will NEVER complain because she was a complete angel for the other 700 miles. We all descended on Kelly's house and... honestly, I don't remember much after that. I ended up having a fever for the next 4 days, I was coughing so hard I thought my lungs were going to come up my throat, and Kell and Kar were threatening me if I came anywhere near their kids, so I basically didn't leave Kell's spare bedroom unless it was an emergency. But I do remember a few things from the 10 days at home...

No comments:

Post a Comment