Tuesday, June 2, 2015

... that it is time to catch up?

It has been 5 months since I posted. Oops. So here is where we left off:

The Third Annual Harrison Halloween Hooplah!!!

I convinced Matt that our tiny apartment was big enough for a party (it wasn't) and that not everyone would come anyway (they did) and that we could totally handle it (barely). Our house was filled to the brim with utter chaos and basically destroyed by the end of the night, but what else would you want in a Halloween Party???

We went with a "Night in the Cemetery" theme:



 

And I'll just go ahead and mention here that I did all of the decorating on my own because a certain husband got to go to a football game with his friends in Idaho the night before the party, and he didn't show up until a few hours before the party started. Just kidding, he did help me get ready before he left. Sort of. The important thing is all the decorations and our costumes got done, and we were able to party with everyone:

Old friends,




New friends,


And of course lots of family



My "grave photobooth" idea never really took off, but turned into more of a giant bed for the kids to play on

But that didn't stop Kar from getting her perfect Instawinning pic of her adorable family costumes.
Which, BTW, I will TOTALLY take partial credit for, since she ALWAYS comes to me every year for costume ideas, and I always tell her exactly how to execute them, and I went to three different stores with her AND her kids to get her all the pieces she needed to put them together, and of course spent countless hours on the phone answering questions, giving ideas, and reassuring her that yes she could make Zach wear that wig. You're welcome, Kar.

We set up a movie for the kids in the "cemetery,"


Had a spider making and a cookie decorating station (even though Cait wasn't there to make the cookies for me, thanks Kar for stepping in!!!),

And homemade treats for guests to take home.
They're ghosts. Obviously.
So not Pinterest worthy. Whatevs.



And a good time was had by all. Except probably Zach hahahahahahahahahaha.

We got to use our zombie costumes again at the Ward party a few days later, where of course we gave ourselves the award for best costumes.


We make pretty good dead people.

I love Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment