Tuesday, June 2, 2015

... that we love Thanksgiving!!!

The Williams were gracious enough to host Thanksgiving at their house this year! And it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tons of sibs came into town and it was a true Harrison party! We brought Trent and Renee with us, and the Laugies, Lance, and Brooke and Collette all joined in the fun as well! We took over Pie Night and it is probably my new favorite holiday EVER!!!!! It even eclipsed the Thanksgiving feast itself!! We spent all day Wednesday baking and cooking up a storm

And everything turned out incredible!!!


Matt and I made a baked brie, always a hit!


And then we just sat back, stuffed ourselves silly, and talked the night away!


It was really such a fun night! The next day, we had Thanksgiving dinner at Kim's in-laws' house, but honestly, it was nothing compared to the delicious smorgsboard from the night before! It was over too quick, but the Williams had only one thing on their minds: Black Friday!

The Williams are Black Friday professionals, and Matt had decided that for my birthday, he was giving me a shopping spree in Vegas!!! Do I have a great husband or what????? The Williams were scouring all the ads and creating their plan of attack, but I had left my purse at home. Before I knew it, Matt and Kim were literally shoving all the cash they had into my hands and I was whisked into a car and forcefully dragged to the outlet mall for our first round of Black Friday shopping! Can I just say that I have the BEST sisters and husband everrrrrrrr?

We did some damage at the Outlets and came home to Kimmy whipping up delicious quesadilla treats for everyone: the cherry on top of a perfect day!

I was ready for some relaxing, but to my surprise, Matt and the Williams wanted to hit up Sears! So I jumped back in the car for Black Friday round two!!! I couldn't believe my luck!

The next morning, we woke up bright and early to hit up round three at Michaels, Old Navy, and Walmart. BEST. DAY. EVER. While we were out shopping, all of the boys chipped in to get the Williams' house ready for Christmas! Marshall in particular was very helpful.


And after all the work was done, we rewarded ourselves with a little well deserved Cafe Rio.


That night, we had bought tickets with Renee and the Williams to go to a concert: the Andrew McMahon "In The Wilderness" Tour. It was in a small concert room above the Hard Rock Cafe right on the strip, and despite the fact that I didn't really know any of the music and was ready to fall over from exhaustion, we had a blast!
 

Even if most of my concert view actually looked like this:


C'est la vie. I didn't even care, it was just so fun to spend time out on the strip! We NEVER spend time on the strip and I LOVED it!



We were totally starving after the concert ended, and Brooke and Collette happened to be out on the town as well, so we all went to a midnight dinner at the Yard House. It was awesome!!! We had such a great time, ate some awesome food, laughed until we cried, and didn't leave the restaurant until we were practically falling asleep.
Our entire trip had been a blast so far, and Saturday did not disappoint either!! Matt let me take off AGAIN to spend every last dime of my birthday shopping spree money, so Jamie and I took off to the Galleria! I don't allow myself to go on shoping sprees all that often, and here I was blowing money right and left for THREE WHOLE DAYS IN A ROW!!!!! It was the best birthday celebration I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!

That night, Kim and Byron had planned to attend a Broadway play with some friends, and Matt and I had agreed to babysit for them. But at the last minute, their friends couldn't make it and gave their tickets back to Kim. Then poor little Pierce came down with an earache, so Jamie and Andy wanted to stay home with him that night and said they would help Trent watch the kids. So that left only poor little Matt and Me to go out for ANOTHER night on the town!!! I was seriously delirious with happiness!!!!!

We started out with an AMAZING dinner at Pizza Rock

Then off to Pippin!

Which was only a little bit scandalous... Definitely Vegasified! And definitely so much fun!!! I felt like such a city girl, going out to shows and dinner every night and shopping to my hearts content! It was the BEST vacation ever!!! We left Sunday after church and limped back home, and it was a good thing that Renee ended up going home with Lance, because we needed the back seat to take home all of our my shopping bags:

I love Vegas and Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment