Sunday, November 3, 2013

... that we went to Vegas?!?!

My sisters and I have been wanting to meet in Vegas for a long time.  It's the perfect halfway point between Utah and California which is nice, plus HELLO!  It's Vegas!!!  Kell and Kar found tickets to a Faith Hill and Tim McGraw concert that they wanted to go to, I agreed to watch the kids, and Matt heroically stayed by my side.  Then Jake found out about "Operation: Vegas Party" and wanted in too.  So all the United States Blicks were in Vegas together!  Magical!!!

Matt and I left work a little early on Friday and made the drive in pretty good time.  We decided to meet up with Kar and Kell for a little dinner at Holstein's in the Cosmopolitan (as soon as I said "burgers" Matt was sold).  As soon as Cutter saw us, he ran right to me and jumped into my arms!  He wrapped his legs around me, buried his face in my neck, and didn't let go for a full 5 minutes.

Made me feel like a million bucks!!!  Melted my heart right into a big puddle of I-don't-care-what-you-do-the-rest-of-the-weekend-you-are-a-perfect-angel.  I love this boy so much!!!!!

Dinner was awesome and it was the perfect spot to hang out and catch up.

Kell, I don't know what is going on in these next pictures, but I am SO glad I got it on film!!!





Fin was left out of the ice cream eating for .5 seconds hahahahahahahahahahaha


Cutter asked that I "make him a fort" in which to watch his show on mommy's phone

After dinner we made our way down to the Bellagio where we watched the fountains




And walked around for a bit



And then called it a night.  Sort of.  Obviously, we went home and stayed up waaaay too late talking to Kim and Byron.  Harrisons don't know the meaning of the word "tired" when family is around!

The next morning we all congregated at the Aria for the brunch buffet



Miss G entertained herself

After stuffing ourselves for several hours, we burned off some calories walking around the Shops at Crystals, then met the Rex's over at Circus Circus for a little arcade time


Cutter won a "fire whale"


But was a little disappointed when he didn't win the giant minion.  So Matt won him and Fin each one.

The King of Claw Machines.  It only took him 6 tries :)


We played several rounds of this game.  Zach was determined to win, but alas, it was not meant to be.

That night, Matt and I had babysitting duty while everyone else went to concerts.
 This pic pretty much sums up the night: Cutter a blur of excitement and energy and the girls just loving it.  We watched Peter Pan, Matt took Cutter swimming, Cutter put on a one man dance party and rhythm show, we tried to feed them everything we had in the hotel room, then we broke down and Matt went for a Wendy's run.

Fin asking for "Just one more" sip of soda hahahahahaha


Who can say no to that girl?  I actually said to her at one point, "Eat some french fries first and then you can have some more soda."  I am ashamed of myself.  At least she ate some oatmeal too.

After that, it was bed time.  All the kids were a little overly tired and it was a little rocky.  Cutter and Fin were both crying for mommy and daddy, but they calmed down when I laid down between them.  I held their hands while they fell asleep, and it was one of the sweetest moments of my life.

We had breakfast with the Williams the next morning, went to a sacrament meeting, then headed back early.  We were both eager to get home, it had been a long weekend with not much sleep.  But that's the way family time always is and that is how it should be :)

I love family vacations!

No comments:

Post a Comment