Monday, October 21, 2013

... that this is not how I wanted to spend my Tuesday?

8:00- Drive the Volt to work.  Car is fine.

11:00- Go out to run an errand, discover one of the tires is flatter than a pancake.

11:10- Finish cleaning out the trunk, discover Volt has no spare tire.

11:15- Discover the tire pump in the trunk.

11:30- Kind friend from the office sees me struggling through the window and comes out to help me pump up my tire.

11:31- Friend discovers what appears to be a large staple in my tire.

12:00- Get tire pumped enough to pull back into a parking spot.

12:10- Stop looking for the insurance card that is apparently not in my wallet or car anywhere.

12:15- Discover that the tire pump is also a Fix-A-Flat kit, but decide not to use it because I am not to be trusted to do such things on my own.  Go back inside to work.

12:16-5:30- Get nothing done at work.

5:30- Matt gets to my work and takes off my tire.

5:45- Matt gets the spare out of the Altima.  It is also flatter than a pancake.

6:00- Matt finishes pumping up spare.

6:15- Walmart refuses to fix the tire cause the hole is in the sidewall.

6:30- We decide to attempt to use the Fix-A-Flat kit because we have nothing to lose.  Matt takes the spare off Volt puts the tire back on.

6:40- Call Dad in Japan to wish him a happy birthday.

6:45- Fix-A-Flat appears to be ineffective.

6:50- Matt hears air leaking from the back of the tire.

6:55- Matt pulls tire off and discovers an additional rip in the side of the tire.  Fix-A-Flat is definitely not working.

7:00- Matt rolls tire around the parking lot to disperse the Fix-A-Flat substance all over the tire "just in case" (and also to cheer me up).





7:15- Matt puts spare back on the Volt so we can take the wheel to get another tire put on tomorrow.

7:25- Get Thai takeout.


At least the day ended on a happy note.  I don't love car trouble, but I love my husband and friends who stop to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment