Saturday, April 13, 2013

... that it's Conference time?

I love Conference Weekend!  It's a time to get spiritually uplifted and remember what's important in life.  It helps me get refocused.  And it's even better when family comes into town!!!  The parents came (of course) and Kell and Babes even made a special trip up!  I feel like I haven't seen those two in AGES!!!!

Friday was kind of a mess.  I had to go downtown anyway, so I picked up everyone from the airport.  Aaaaand it all kind of went downhill from there for a while.  Work was crazy, and my family is nuts, so by the end of the afternoon, I was a little bit cranky (read: crazy, psycho, and exTREMELY foul tempered).  Nonetheless, I managed to pull it together for a little playing time in the fountains at City Creek



And then a nice lunch at Blue Lemon.  Babes was obsessed with G the whole time.  When G started being fussy, Babes ran over to her to give her hugs and kisses to make her happy.  Didn't really work though:


Babes even shared Grandma with G.  Pretty sure that NEVER happens.


Then I ran back to work while Mom and Dad headed to a meeting, and the girls just... stayed at the mall for three hours.  Color me jealous.  I picked up Mom and Dad after work and we met everyone for a delicious dinner at Bruges.


Yes, we ate cream and strawberry covered waffles for dinner.  And we loved it.  And I gained points with Babes by bringing her yogurt for dinner.  We were totally BFFs for the rest of the night.

Dad brought us tickets to a couple of sessions of conference, the first being Saturday afternoon:

Kell's first time in the Conference Center



Then I sewed while Mom made strawberry pie and studied her Chinese as we waited for the boys to come home from Priesthood session.  Dad was hungry when he got home, soooo:


Late night run to Cafe Rio for some delicious chicken tortilla soup.

We headed down to the conference center again on Sunday morning


Then watched the last session at Kar's house.  We had a great dinner together, in which Kar and Kell made a great Mexican dinner for us and my mom got after me for not doing all the dishes.  Oh well.  We also had a little visitor over for dessert, Kimberly Jo Smith.  She is the great great granddaughter of Joseph Smith, and it was a wonderful opportunity to sit down with her and hear her conversion story.  She's truly an inspiring woman.

Everyone left the next day, but not without one last food run:


Zupas.  Always a good time.  Then I packed them all up into my car and took them to the airport.  I hate goodbyes!!!


I love visitors and Conference!

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha I hate goodbyes!!!! still laughing....
    that calls for a bonafide LOL hahaha
    and trust me, the mall was NOT all that it was cracked up to be, it included an extremely loud freak out courtesy of Finley and sitting in the food court for THREE hours, one of which was spent getting high off of burning rubber fumes which we could not move away from due to the high anxiety of two sleeping babies. Let me tell you, you were NOT missing out!!! And as for my dinner, NO ONE asked for seconds OR complimented me on it, so I suppose mom's reply of "Mexican??? With...Pasta??? Sounds strange to me..." was true for everyone... And I was the one who told you to stop doing the dishes. And then didn't do them myfelf. I was merely trying to give Kar Kar a chance to play hostess. Whiiiich....okay we just won't go there. Now where are the dang emoticons to smooth out all the rough edges of this comment?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooookkkkkk MOM. I heard SEVERAL people compliment your WONDERFUL mexi casserole and NO ONE said thanks to me even though I helped make and bought it!!!! So freak all y'all. And you guys can just DO MY FREAKING DISHES while I had a baby who was hungry and freakin out. about the mall excerpt- HAHAHAHAHA true on all counts. Burning rubber and all. But you forgot to mention we spent 1/3 of that time loading up on 3 smoothies/shakes and chick fil a lemonade, nuggets, and ice cream, mmmmmmm. I'm still not over the fact that you dismissed your dinner compliments and claimed not to get any, mom mom MOM. Insert emoticooooooons.

      Delete