Friday, February 1, 2013

... that I have the sweetest husband ever?

For the past few months, I have been having some back problems.  As in, my back hurts when I wake up in the morning.  We're trying to figure out a way to fix that, but in the meantime, it means a lot of waking up and rolling over in the middle of the night.

I woke up last night and, still half asleep, started to roll over onto my side.  Suddenly, Matt's arm shot out and grabbed me, pulling me back.  I woke up, startled and said, "What??"  I looked over and realized I was a little close to the edge of the bed I guess, but please, it's not like I'm gonna fall out.  I looked up at Matt, who was propped up, hovering over me now, looking at me and the edge of the bed, and repeated, "What's wrong?"  He mumbled, half asleep, "Be careful, honey," pulled me closer to him, and went back to sleep, his arm still wrapped around me.

This man worries about me ALL THE TIME.  If I don't leave work when I'm supposed to, he calls to make sure I'm okay.  If it takes me longer than normal to get home, he calls to check on me.  If I am away from him for any extended period of time (including at work), he is calling or texting to make sure I am happy, healthy, and safe.  I am so lucky to have a husband who loves me so much and wants nothing more than for me to always be safe and happy.

I love you, Matty!

No comments:

Post a Comment