Wednesday, February 13, 2013

... that I have been very very busy?

I have a new obsession.  It is called Refashioning.  As in, I want to take clothes and make them better.  For example, I saw this picture on Pinterest:


And really, really, really wanted to make one.  Unfortunately, sometimes Pinterest lies.  This pic was not a tutorial, it was a link to a site to buy the sweatshirt.  Nonetheless, I decided to try it on my own:



Take that Pinterest!  I don't need you to tell me how to be awesome!

I basically tore this whole sweatshirt apart and just sewed it back together to fit me.  And added pockets and edging from a bit of old t shirt material.  And three cute buttons to hold the whole thing together.  It was a LOT of work, and I broke a sewing machine needle, but it's comfy, cozy, and I'll be honest, I'm pretty proud.

The second project was a million times easier.  I have a few blogs that I have been reading for inspiration lately: one is Elle Apparel by the amazing Leanne, and the other is Merrick's Art which I found randomly, but who happens to be a friend of Leanne.  Small world!  Anyway, I saw this polka dot tutorial on Merrick's blog and had to try it on a pair of grey jeans that I had decided were just too plain for my liking:


So fun, right?  And so easy!  Just a paint pen.  The worst part was taking all these pictures of myself.


Always a little awkward.  Good thing I had help:


You are the best, Cait :)

I have 5 more projects in the making... prepare to be amazed.

I love being crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment