Wednesday, October 31, 2012

... that I LOOOOVE HALLOWEEN?!?!?!

I'll say it again:  I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is something about costumes that I absolutely love.  I will take any excuse I can to get dressed up!  So naturally Halloween is my favorite holiday!!!  Proof:




Our Ninja Turtle costumes turned out so epic last year, I was not sure we'd be able to top it.  I had an idea a few months ago to make us Transformers costumes that actually transformed, and even started collecting all the cardboard we could find.  But a couple weeks before Halloween, I started to not be too excited about that idea.  So I started racking my brain for something else, and decided that I wanted to be Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas!  I was especially excited because I knew that this costume would take a lot of sewing, which I could do on my new sewing machine that I got last Christmas from my mother in law (Thanks Tanya!!!!).
So Matt and I went to Savers and bought me two dresses, and a skirt:


and we bought Matt a cheap suit.  I also used some khaki material that Matt had cut off of some pants.  A couple of days with my sewing machine, and we had a dress!  Matt cut off the bottom of his coat and made some tails, and I used the extra pieces to make his collar.  Then we used some fabric paint to make the pinstripes, throw in a pair of white tights and some face paint, and voila!


We ended up using all the cardboard after all:

And decorated the house a little as well:

Then we were ready for our party!!!!!!!!!












I wanted to be super awesome and come up with all sorts of "spooky" foods with labels and stuff,
but this is as far as I got:

Eyeballs

Bones

We also had chili, meatballs, guac, chips, and some limeade.  None of which got cute labels.  Fail.

We decided to put Hocus Pocus (my FAVORITE Halloween movie) on for the kids, then started some party games!  We got the idea to do a "Minute to Win It" party from a friend of ours, and it was totally fun!

Move an oreo from your forehead to your mouth without using your hands:

Stack three golf balls on top of each other:




Blow a stack of cards off the top of a bottle, leaving the least amount of cards on top:



And the winner's board:

It was pretty fun!  After the games, we busted out the millions of sugar cookies Cait had made earlier and let the kids have a field day!





A few "kids" even made some monsters on the old family "Monster Maker"

And of course everyone wanted to take pictures in the coffin




Chad showed up at the last minute in a costume too:

Oh you can't tell what he is?  He's Donald Trump.  Lame.  But our party was awesome, and a good time was had by all.
I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BOOCH PLANK!!! Loved this one. Epic sister, wish I had been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like the best Halloween party ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous!!!!!! That looks awesome. We are totally coming to Utah for Halloween next year!!

    ReplyDelete