Saturday, September 15, 2012

... that I LOVE THE FAIR?


For our 8 month anniversary (I know, we're embarrassing), I begged Matt to go to the Utah State Fair.  And it was SO MUCH FUN!!!  I have always loved fairs, but Matt was less than excited.  Nevertheless, we took off after work and made our way up to the fairgrounds.
First item of business: fair food!!!!


I thought about what I wanted to eat all day long:  chili cheese fries, of course!!!  Matt and I walked around the whole fair grounds, looking for the most delicious fries.  And they did not disappoint!  Later on in the evening, we split a foot-long corn dog, a fresh squeezed lemonade, and a bag of about 30 mini donuts covered in cinnamon sugar.  THIS is why I love fairs.

I learned that Matt's favorite part of the fair is the livestock.  This fact surprised me at first, but I quickly realized that I shouldn't have been surprised at all: it's stinky, smelly, and just kind of gross.
No wonder he loves it.  


Okay, I'll admit it, I loved the livestock too.  It's like a giant petting zoo!!  We saw pigs, sheep, cows, birds, and the cutest little bunnies you ever saw!  But it was scary too.  Look at that picture of that bull. It is easily a foot taller than me.  And that huge horn?  I didn't have to pretend to be scared in that picture.  I was terrified.  Notice I am the only one in the picture... Matt didn't dare get close.  And yet mothers were pushing their young children toward it, saying "It's okay honey, don't be scared!"  That's good parenting right there.

Last but not least, we bought a few ride tickets!  My favorite fair ride of all time is the Zipper!  You get in a little cage thing and it spins and flips and twirls all over the place.  I was laughing and screaming so hard my throat hurt at the end of the night.  If you ever see it at a fair, it is the best!


Next was Pharaoh's Fury.  Also pretty good.  I think you can tell we had a good time:


Needless to say, this is probably one of the funnest anniversaries we've had so far (others have been spent in the ER and other various stages of sickness...  Don't ask).  We had a great time and it was the perfect end to our summer!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahahaha I LOVE this!!!
    So many things:
    Why is Matt getting younger, is he going back through puberty? Grow that manly beard back, son!
    Him holding the corn dog--classic face
    Of COURSE you would love the petting zoo miss 57 hamsters, 12 guinea pigs (I won't admit how long it took me to spell guinea), 4 bunnies
    The zipper!!!! Ah you young birds kill me I am too old for that crap now
    Just love your funny pics
    And last but most importantly,
    Seriously, you need help with your eyebrows
    xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxo
    kell dawg

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I loved this too!!!! Your faces on that last ride are awwwwesome!!!! And Kelly Rex is so so funny too. You fun to read about. And yes, you are embarrassing :)))))) miss 8 month anniversary! I'm just going to call you the Uber Annie Cellies

    ReplyDelete