Friday, August 18, 2017

... that we got a new bishop?

A little while ago, we found out that our bishop was moving. It was a big surprise, because he hadn't been bishop that long. A few weeks later, we got called into the Stake President's office for an interview and started panicking... Turned out that he was just interviewing all the priesthood leaders and didn't say anything about the bishop leaving, and when we left we both sighed with relief.

Then a few weeks later, we got called back in and...


Hello, Bishop Harrison.

I wasn't really surprised at all. Matt is a wonderful, wonderful man and always the first to step and serve others. I know he will do great things in this ward. I know they need a bishop who is loving, kind, patient and selfless. Now if he only had a wife to support him who was also all of those things........

When I called my parents to tell them and ask them to pray for me us, Mom immediately started looking at flights. I didn't expect them to drop everything and come out, but her exact words were, "I am NOT missing this!" So they came out for a very short weekend trip to support us.



Cait and Kade also told us they wanted to come to our ward to support us see if Matt would cry (which obviously he did, he's Matt) and of course Matt's parents came to our ward too. I'm sure the whole ward knew what was up when we walked into ward conference with all of our family members and Matt's beard shaved off, but no one ran away crying or booed us, so I guess they were okay with it.



Jas is so proud of her daddy that she has officially dubbed him her new favorite parent/slave


And of course she loved having NaNa and Grampus around, if only for a few short days.


Matt told me he wanted to ease into his bishop duties slowly so that he didn't get too overwhelmed. Immediately after that, we found out the Girl's Camp was happening that week and he would need to make an appearance. Obviously.


Don't worry, Jas is smiling in that pic, not dying.

Girls Camp ended up being super awesome, even if it was a two hour drive there and back on a Thursday night with a very tired toddler who wanted to play in the dirt and we didn't get home until almost midnight. The first of many Bishop adventures we will have, I am sure. I am grateful for a husband who is always willing to serve wherever he can, and has the faith to do whatever the Lord asks of him. He is definitely the rock in our family, and I would be lost without him.

We love our Bishop Matty Pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment