Sunday, January 4, 2015

... that I still love the fair?

Lisa and Brian asked us to babysit for them on the weekend that the state fair was going on. So we decided to take the kiddos along with us and double our fun! Lucky for us, Dad volunteered to come along as an extra babysitter too! First up was an adorable little interactive farming center where the kids got to experience farm life:

Milking the fake cows

Planting and harvesting a garden

Riding the tractors

And selling your goods at the end of the day for a treat.

It was pretty awesome if you ask me! 

Next up was the animals! The first summer Matt and I were married, I begged him to go to the fair with me. When we got there, Matt asked me what I wanted to do. I immediately yelled, "Let's get some tickets and ride on the rides!!!" When Matt looked at me like I was a crazy person, I asked him what he wanted to do. He responded, "Let's go look at the animals!" And I said, "They have animals here??" Needless to say, we grew up with very different experiences at county fairs (I'm pretty sure my mother would have rather died than corral all us kids through a barn filled with filthy cows and pigs). That being said, it was very easy for Matt to sway me to his view of the fair: I love animals! Plus, they had real live reindeer.


Even Eloise loved it!

And they also had the largest rabbit exhibit I've seen at the fair yet.

Dream come true.

I love the fair!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment