Sunday, June 29, 2014

... that I just can't help myself?

Matt felt so bad about the whole worst-camping-trip-ever fiasco that he wanted to make it up to me. That night as we were getting into bed, he found me the best consolation prize he could think of: free hamsters on KSL.

He knows me so well.

PROBLEM #1: I can't say no to hamsters.

My last Tina had just recently died (she was old; hamsters don't live that long), and I was okay being hamster free for a while. After taking care of three at once, I was ready for a break! But who can resist free hamsters??? Not this girl! I called the lady the next day, and she still had some so we decided to go look at them.

PROBLEM #2: Crazy lady.

I asked the lady why the hamsters were free and she said that she had gotten a hamster for her kids and a week later it had babies. Hahaha! What a surprise. But then she kept them all in the same cage and SURPRISE! She got pregnant again from one of her babies. So now she has tons of hamsters and is desperate to get rid of them. I asked her what gender they were, and she said she didn't know how to tell. Obviously. The brightest crayon.

When we got there, it was late and her four shirtless little boys swarmed us as we were looking at the hamsters. The hamsters seemed nice enough and there were only two left, so I quickly grabbed them up and put them in a little box to take home.

PROBLEM #3: The birds and the bees.

Approximately five minutes after we got in the car, I realized that I had made a mistake: the hamsters were a boy and a girl. HUGE mistake. I was so flustered in that house with all those boys and was too busy secretly making fun of that mom for not figuring out the gender of the hamsters that I didn't really check closely enough myself when I grabbed them. We talked about it on the way home and decided... Oh well. We'll just see what happens. And let's be honest, I think it would be adorable to see some little baby hamsters! Even if they are incredibly inbred... Matt mentioned that these two brother/sister/cousin/niece/uncle hamsters might already be inbred enough to the point that they can't have babies. I guess we'll find out.

They're pretty cute though.

I love my furry little addiction.


No comments:

Post a Comment