Wednesday, June 11, 2014

... that I'm the best aunt/sister ever?

I love being an aunt! But sometimes it comes with its......... costs.

I got a call from dear Kaari that she was going into labor. At 12:30 in the morning. And she needed someone to come stay with G. But she wasn't sure when exactly she was going to need to go to the hospital. So she was going to call me back and wake me up again when she wanted me to come down for sure. Great. Who can go back to sleep after a call like that? I basically knew my night was shot. But like I said, I'm the best. So when she called me back an hour later, I jumped out of bed and drove down to Draper. Kar and Zach packed up and left for the hospital, and I fell back asleep on the couch at about 3:00am. And then this little stinker woke up at 6:00.


Don't be fooled by her cranky face. I was the one who was miserable that day. Long gone are the days when I could pull an all nighter and not feel like I got hit by a train the next day. Thank goodness he wanted to be born on a weekend. But I couldn't really complain that much because I was not the one trying to push a human being out of my nether regions. At about 9:30 Saturday morning, Kar texted me and said he was born! Yay! Little Boston Zachary Winger. And I said I would put me and G down for a short nap and be right over. Zach actually ended up coming home, his parents arrived from CA, and Matt showed up too, so after G woke up we all converged on the hospital to overwhelm Kar with our love. 

I could not stop laughing at this picture! He looks so squinty and EXACTLY like a baby version of my Tia Tia (my grandpa on my mom's side)! HAHAHAHA!

Looking a little less squished...

Favorite Auntie!


How is it that Kaari is the one that evacuated a person out of her body and I'M the one who looks terrible in this pic??? Seriously. Whatever Kar, I'll let you have this one. Until the next time, and then I'll do it all over for you again.

Congrats to to Kar and Zach and Georgia for their new little bundle of joy! I love being an aunt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment