Monday, February 24, 2014

... that we love museums?

I have always liked museums, and Matt does too. Our first "non-date" was at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art! Anyway, The Babies were taking Mom and Dad to the MOMA at BYU for a special exhibit on Christian artists called Sacred Gifts and we decided to tag along. It featured art by Carl Bloch, Heinrich Hofmann, and Frans Schwartz, and it was really amazing. There was something about walking through the quiet museum with its naturally reverent atmosphere and studying pictures of Christ that was relaxing and spiritually uplifting. Art is so powerful! Plus we got to hang out with the fam, which is always a good time.


Matt LOVES art, so I wasn't that surprised when he asked if I wanted to get a print of something. We finally decided on this print:


"Agony in the Garden" by Frans Schwartz. I think it is beautiful and it reminds me that Christ will lean over us and comfort us in our own trials.

While we were down in Provo, we also went out to eat at Station 22 Cafe and visited the BYU Bookstore. Matt and I both had some things that we have wanted to get framed, so we spent a little time down in the frame shop in the bookstore basement and finally got a custom frame made for my San Francisco poster that Brooke gave me for Christmas! All in all, it was a pretty great day.

I love spending the day with family!

1 comment: