Wednesday, August 28, 2013

... that we needed a staycation?

After I planned our work retreat last February, my boss gave me a complimentary night at Daniel's Summit that he had gotten as a "thank you" from the lodge for having our retreat there.  I tucked it away for a special occasion, and when we got an invitation to (Matt's friend) Shaun's wedding in Park City, we decided this was the perfect excuse to make it a weekend not-too-far-away getaway!

We left after work on Friday and stopped in Heber for a little dinner, where Matt fell in love with a burrito.

Then we made it up to Daniel's Summit Lodge where we relaxed, watched some TV, and enjoyed our free night.  Nothing too exciting, but good to get away.

The next morning, we drove into Park City for a quick trip to the outlets (I was shocked that Matt even suggested going there!), then rushed up to the Park City Mountain Lodge for the ceremony.  As I was looking up the address, I mentioned to Matt that the Lodge must be an actual ski lodge, cause I could see all the ski runs on the map.  Matt responded, "Oh yeah, I think we're supposed to ride a chair lift up to the wedding."
And he was not lying.

Seriously, coolest idea ever.


The scenery was beautiful, the weather was great.  Luckily, it didn't start pouring rain until AFTER we all got back down the mountain for the reception.  And speaking of getting back down the mountain...



Yes, we rode the Alpine Slide down to the reception hall.  In our wedding clothes and everything.  Hilarious.  The rest of the night was dinner, cupcakes, open bar, music, dancing, and lots of laughing.  I was completely exhausted by the time we left, so yeah, it was a pretty good party.

I love weekend staycations with my baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment