Tuesday, August 6, 2013

... that we are party animals?

Remember the weekend that almost killed me?  And remember when I swore I'd never do it again because I was so tired by the end of it all that I thought I was going to die?

I never learn.

The next weekend was just a little tiny bit less ridiculous than the last one.  I had forgotten that my sweet Matty had told my arch enemy Chad that he could throw a party at our house.  Never mind that our house was still a disaster from us being gone the weekend before AND the Vegas Crew was coming into town that night to stay at our house for a week while Byronious was traveling.  Needless to say, we spent all Saturday morning cleaning, grocery shopping, doing laundry, and generally making our house socially acceptable for other people to enter.  Oh and making a dozen and a half of Tanya's famous deviled eggs, because I do nice things for Chad even though I hate him.




What was the occasion for this party?  Chad won a $40 gift certificate to Associated Foods on the radio, and wanted to use it to throw a party.  A meat party.

Chad used all $40 to buy meat to make hamburgers the size of footballs.  And I think he made around 25 of them, just in case people wanted to eat more than one.  RIDICULOUS.







Chad finally had enough of me taking pictures and exacted his revenge.




Even tried to take a picture with Xena.
Dumb Chad.

Just as everyone was leaving, Matt asked me if we could have an emergency family dinner the next night.  Tracy has been planning a surprise party for her husband Marc to celebrate the end of his fellowship and his new job, which is going to be at our house this coming weekend.  But she didn't want him to be suspicious that we weren't having a family dinner while the Vegas crew was here sooooo... enter decoy family dinner at our house.






Tracy felt bad that she was asking us to host another party for her, so she took care of most of the food.  Which turned out to be really nice because after staying up till 1:30 after our party on Saturday, getting up at 6:30 to go to Ward Council at 7:00, going to church, having a presidency meeting with the Young Women, home teaching with Matt, napping for a few hours, and waking up feeling sick to my stomach (thanks, Chad), I was in no mood to cook anything.  But the party must go on!

Obviously I would never ever say no to a family party.  I am a Harrison and we are all about fun!  But seriously...  I need someone to save me from my own partying.  Cause I'm about to die from fun over here.

I love to party!

No comments:

Post a Comment