Tuesday, November 21, 2017

... that it was HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!


Halloween is the BEST!!!!! We decided to throw a party for the kids in our ward who were in nursery with Jas and it was so much fun! I think Matt got more and more worried with every new skull I brought home, but he is the best and did not say anything about my Halloween Decor addiction. I had these costumes in my mind for almost a year, and I was so happy about how they came together! The costume prep was pretty minimal, since I bought Jas' skirt and I found my amazing dress at DI, but I did bust out my sewing machine to add the frills on Matt's outfit and I think they turned out pretty fun! Even if I made him wear a woman's jacket from DI because it was cheaper, and I could not for the life of me find the red sash that I was going to use as a cummerbund and necktie and was kicking myself the rest of the night for it... Oh well.








We had so much fun with old and new friends! I love our annual Halloween party!

The next weekend was our ward Trunk or Treat, and I had also had these costumes in my mind for months:




This made me SO HAPPY. I made Jas' pants and cape and my habit and I found Matt's outfit at DI, including that wig (which, by the way, I asked if he was willing to wear before I bought it because it was disgusting and I am not that mean). Jas LOVED her cape and was ecstatic to run around the whole church with no shirt on all night long (hopefully this does not encourage a love of nakedness in the future...). I was also thrilled that this brought one small piece of my life full circle: My first date with Matt was watching Nacho Libre in the basement of my house in San Francisco. So romantic that it would be our family Halloween costume 6 ½ years later.

There was one downside to our theme: no one knew what Matt's costume was. We were apart most of the night, with me chasing Jas and him doing Bishop things/being the impromptu emcee of the party, and his costume didn't make a lot of sense by itself. Plus, I had to go with a less well known outfit for Esqueleto because I couldn't very well have the Bishop walking around in a blue diaper and no shirt at the ward party. So he spent the night in a gross costume that no one recognized. Also, I was shocked at how many people at the party had never seen Nacho Libre! Seriously people, you are missing out!


Poor Matt. He is such a good husband. Maybe next year I will let him wear a costume that is actually flattering on him. But probably not.

On the actual day of Halloween, all of Jas' other costumes were dirty so I almost didn't send her to daycare in a costume at all. But then I remembered that Lisa had given me an old Halloween costume just the week before, so I had Matt throw it on her and it was the most adorable thing in the whole world:


Be still my heart.

She ran around in that little strawberry outfit all day and loved it. And every time she walked, the whole costume would bounce around her bum and make me laugh so hard. She kept it on all night while we watched Harry Potter, passed out candy, and made the most delicious butternut squash soup for dinner.


I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment