Monday, September 19, 2016

... that we had a lot to do?

While Jas was in the NICU, we had a lot of things to do. We had been given a lot of baby things and I had even purchased a few things myself, but I had honestly been too scared to get everything else we needed for her until the paperwork was signed! So as soon as I had the signed papers in hand, I crammed all of my new mother "nesting" into three weeks and called it good!

We also had a lot of stuff to do around the house! We were still unpacking the house and had a growing list of house projects: fixing windows, toilets, sprinklers, and cleaning up the garage. I also had great dreams for our backyard, but settled on fixing up one tiny corner with these absolutely gorgeous ranunculuses (ranunculai? ranunculeese? ranunculice?) that I spotted at a grocery store and just HAD to have in my backyard. So gorgeous that they propelled me to do manual labor.

(proof that I don't always make Matt do all the work)



We cleaned out this rock bed, pulled up all the weeds, killed 1 million spiders, and made this the prettiest little fence in all the land. They turned out so beautiful and I loved them! For the whole month that they lived -___-

The week after Jas was born was also conference weekend, so of course we invited the newlyweds up to make sure the were fed and also staying righteous.


I made both orange and cinnamon rolls because I just can't help myself. And a good and righteous time was had by all.




And I even made them dinner too.

(Jealous Kell???)

So we had a lot to keep us busy in between our many many trips to the hospital. But finally one day we went to the hospital and the nurse happily told us that Jas had pushed her oxygen tube out of her nose on her own and the nurse realized she was breathing fine, so they just left it off! 24 hours later, we were finally able to take her home!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment