Monday, August 3, 2015

... that we went to Taiwan!!!!!

We were finally leaving to go to Taiwan!!!

And would you believe our luck? Our connecting flight was through SAN FRANCISCO!!!!! Best trip EVER!!!

I was so excited to leave! I left work early on Tuesday and went home to pack... and started to feel sick. And sicker. And sicker. Until I eventually threw up all over my apartment and spent the rest of the night in the bathroom. Faaaaaantastic. I hadn't packed a single thing, we were supposed to leave at 6:30 in the morning, and I could barely get myself off the bed. Oh well! I went to bed, woke up at 6:00, frantically threw all my clothes into bags as fast as I could, and tried desperately not to throw up again.

I was terrified for the long flight to Taiwan, but I made it to San Francisco alright! I hadn't had anything other than gatorade the whole morning, but I had stopped throwing up so that was a plus. Matt and I had a few hours to kill, and Kell had begged me to have some food for them when they got to the airport, so I had no choice: we ventured into the city in search of tacos!

 

I LOVE SAN FRANCISCO!!!!!
 
Matt is the sweetest husband in the world. He was extremely worried about me being sick and didn't want me to push myself, but I HAD to get tacos!!! I still felt sick as a dog, but if you think I was going to pass up an opportunity to eat at La Taqueria... you don't know me very well.
 
 
I stuffed my face with as much as I dared of this delicious delicious taco and said approximately one million prayers that I would be able to keep it down. Definitely not the smartest thing I've ever done. But I couldn't resist! And I did not throw it up!!! Hallelujah!!!

We ran back down to the airport, met up with Kell and Jer, and were off! I felt so bad that I had abandoned Kell and Jer with the kids, but no one wanted them throwing up with me, so they stayed far away. For 14 hours, I slept as much as I could, tried not to throw up every time they brought out food, and managed not to go to the bathroom in my pants, so it was a pretty good flight!

And then we were there.
 
 



After two years, I finally got to hug my daddy! 20+ hours of nauseated travel time, totally worth it.

We love our missionaries!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment