Wednesday, January 18, 2017

... that summer was coming to a close?

The week after Matt's birthday always means the same thing: my work retreat at Snowbird!

I went up by myself for the first night, because I thought it would just be easier for Matt to take care of Jas and get to work if he was at home, and then he could just meet me up there for the second night. But that meant I had two whole days without my sweet little Jas! (Truth be told, I was a little excited for some time to myself!) Thursday and Friday flew by, and then it was time for the big dinner on Friday. Matt dropped Jas off at his parents' house and met me for dinner, and then we both went to go pick Jas up afterward. Just as we were leaving the restaurant, Matt's dad called me to ask if we were on our way yet and I could hear a very grumpy baby wailing in the background! I assured him we would be there soon, and it was all I could do not to speed home as fast as I could! As soon as we got to the house, I scooped her up in my arms and just squeezed and squeezed her until she finally calmed down. Poor girl was way over tired and just so sad! I rocked her for a little while, then when we put her in the car to take her back to the resort, I sat in the backseat with her to keep her happy and she fell asleep holding onto my arm.


My whole heart melted and I promised I would never ever leave her again!!!

Until a few hours later... while she was waking up multiple times throughout the night. Apparently, she did not like sleeping in the hotel bathroom.

Anywayyyyyy, the next day we got to relax a little bit before checking out, and even had some time to have fun eat at Octoberfest! I got my obligatory Belgian waffle smothered in fruit, chocolate, ice cream and whipped cream and even splurged for a bag of amazing peanut brittle. And of course Tyler knew we were bringing Jas up so we had to bring her over to see him and his family


She is the happiest baby and just loves everyone!!! I will be so sad if Stranger Danger ever sets in, because she loves to give everyone the sweetest smiles!

A few days later we were able to close out our summer festivities at the Utah State Fair with our favorite missionaries, Granny Tanny and Grandpa!


I LOVE the fair and Jas had a great time too!!! We ate so much great food, and although we didn't go on any rides, we were able to make Matt's dreams come true with a strawberry funnel cake.


Sorry to see you go, we love you, Summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment