Monday, July 6, 2015

... that Matt was a murderer?

Matt and I were invited to a Murder Mystery dinner!
 
My friend Debbi is in charge of her stake's single adult activities, and she needed more guys for a Murder Mystery dinner she was throwing, so she asked if Matt and I wanted to come play characters! We weren't allowed to know each others' character info, so it was a mystery for both of us! We got all dolled up, headed over to the church, and the acting began!
 
 
Matt played Zachary Wellington, a single father whose wife had died some years before under... mysterious circumstances. And I played Mercy Neist, a scandalous single woman who had recently returned to America after leaving several ex-husbands in Europe (Thanks Deb!). I pulled out my artistic skills to make my "Eurpoean scheming socialite" character a birdcage veil that I was pretty proud of.
 
 
We had a few minutes to mingle and get to know everyone's characters, then sat down to dinner and waited for someone to die!
 



 
In the end, Matt turned out to be the murderer! I had no idea. Pretty funny!

 
At the end of the night, everyone voted on who they thought the murderer was, who played their character the best, and who had the best costume. And Matt and I took the cake! He got a prize for being the murderer and I won best character. Not only were we the only married people at a singles activity, but we took all the prizes too. Even I was embarrassed of us. And I love winning!
 
(Matt is sad because he is a murderer. You need to feel remorse if you're going to repent, right?)
 

I love a murderer!

No comments:

Post a Comment